All in all, Ana is doing well. The first night she slept for about 5 hours. I thought this was great! Rita, our guide said this is short. Well, we have to start somewhere J As I am typing this, Ana is asleep in her crib. She slept for 8 hours last night, after falling asleep on her own. She awoke for a bottle and then fell back to sleep on her own. Progress, right!!
Today is a free day for us. We are going to spend the day getting to know each other. We will probably take another run to Walmart and visit the park down the street. There is a playground there. The hotel has a little play yard on one of the floors, so we will probably check that out, too.
We are figuring out the whole communication thing. Ana is definitely able to get her point across when she doesn’t want something. She shoos you away and covers her eyes. She is starting to pick up requesting by gesturing with her hands. She loves her belly tickled and will tap her belly when she wants more. She is also beginning to imitate. She watches me stack the cups and knock them over and then she knocks them over. So cute! Funny how all the other parents are in the same boat trying to figure out the communication even though their children are able to hear. It’s different but the same. She is looking at me more, so I think she is beginning to trust me. She has taken to a little doll that I brought for her. She looks for it everywhere. In the orphanage, she was beginning to show a little stubborn side as she was looking for it. I was holding the doll and she was grabbing for it because she wanted it. I think she was letting everyone know that it was hers and nobody was taking it. J



Henan Time
















No comments :
Post a Comment