Today we started the day off at the buffet breakfast in the hotel—amazing! You can get everything from eggs to chicken soup to rice. Anything you want is there. I had French toast with chocolate syrup, strawberries and whipped cream. Best breakfast yet!!! Was really missing my chocolate! Ana was a little fussy today so wasn’t sure how the day was going to go. We visited a Buddhist Temple first. The temple was very beautiful and smelled great with all the incense burning. After that, we visited the Old Chen House. We saw beautiful carvings of wood, jade, porcelain. We watched an artist paint with his hands and got to see beautiful works of art created from embroidery. I got a chance to play a Chinese Calabash. It is a musical instrument carved from bamboo. I ended up buying one for Ana (well, really for myself). Next we went to an Arts and Crafts shopping center. Here I bought some more dresses and a Chinese paint set for Ana. We got back to the hotel for a quick bite and headed out for more shopping since Ana hasn’t wanted to nap at all (good thing is she has been sleeping through the night!!!). There is a little mall under the McDonalds. We found some new shoes and a Chinese drum for Ana. The whole group went to dinner for some traditional Cantonese/Portuguese food. Delicious! Jason, our guide, ordered for us and promised to leave out the chicken feet and seafood with faces on it!
Tess
11 years ago












Henan Time
















No comments :
Post a Comment