Today was Gotcha Day! The day we were all waiting for. We ate breakfast in the morning and then headed out to the registration office to get our babies. We arrived at the registration office and there were 2 other groups of families from other agencies already there. One group is from Holland and is staying at our hotel. The babies came by van. You waited in the registration office as the babies arrived. Each orphanage arrives separately and you have no idea when your baby is coming. Ana was the second baby to arrive. The director of the orphanage presented her to me. Ana didn’t want to let go but I took her in my arms and from that point on she hasn’t let go! She cried a lot, which is to be expected. The director gave me a little bag which had formula, rice cereal, sugar, diapers, wipes and a little toy in it. Ana held the toy all morning. About three hours later, everyone had their babies. What an amazing experience to see all those families being made. It is something I will never forget. Ana was a little fussy in the room, which was very loud (might be another good sign) so I took her outside for part of the day. She just kept looking around and around, taking everything in. I also figured out that she likes animal crackers! The girl has some teeth on her, too. She just bites into those things like it’s nobody’s business!
Tess
11 years ago






Henan Time
















No comments :
Post a Comment