CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Travel Group

I received my final travel itinerary for in-China this week.  It reminded me of the movie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".  Am I aging myself here :-)  Maria, my sister, thinks it's more like "The Amazing Race".  Guess we'll find out soon enough.  We will be taking planes, trains, buses, taxis, vans (think that just about covers it) while in China.   I also had my conference travel call this week with my agency.  There are 5 other families traveling in my group.  We are all adopting children from the province of Henan but in all different cities.  We will be traveling together for the most part,outside of going to our individual child's city to apply for passports.  We have already started connecting with each other- isn't the internet amazing.  Three of the families are adopting their second child and bringing their first with them.  So cool!  So here's the itinerary if you are interested :-)

Oct. 10th: Leave for China YEAH!!!
Oct. 11th: Arrive in Beijing
Oct. 12-13th: Tour Beijing
Oct. 14th: Fly to Zhengzhou, Henan
Oct. 15th: Gotcha Day!!!
Oct. 16th: Bus to registration office to finalize adoption!!!
                 Travel by train/bus/taxi (not sure yet) to Hebi to apply for Ana's passport
Oct. 17th: maybe crash :-)
Oct. 18th: Receive notary documents
Oct. 19th: Receive Ana's passport
Oct. 20th: Fly to Guangzhou
Oct. 21st: Free day in Guangzhou
Oct. 22nd: Take bus to complete Ana's physical
Oct. 23rd: prepare paperwork for U.S. Consulate
Oct. 24th: Bus or taxi to clinic to read TB test
Oct. 25th: U.S. Consulate appointment
Oct. 26th: Take van to Hong Kong
Oct. 27th: Day in Hong Kong
Oct. 28th: Fly home (anyone catch the irony that out of 365 days in a year, I'm bringing my baby home on my ex-wedding anniversary??--I think I've come full circle.)

1 comment :