CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bai Jia Bei - 100 Good Wishes Quilt

"She must offer the child as an adopted son, by symbol, to other powerful families in her clan. Yet what friends had she? She thought and she pondered and she devised this plan. From the head of each of the highest one hundred families in the Empire, she required a bolt of the finest silk. From the silks she commanded the palace tailors to cut one hundred small pieces and from these make a robe for her child. Thus he belonged, by symbol, to one hundred strong and noble families, and under their shelter the gods would fear to harm him."
                                                     Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck

Everyone keeps asking if it is too late to give me a wish and fabric square for Ana's quilt. NO!! I won't be starting the quilt, or I should say my wonderful and creative mother won't be starting the quilt ;-) , until I gather all the squares together. Here are a few pictures of some of the wishes that I have received from family and friends. It is amazing how creative and unique they all are!!! I have loved them all-- from the simplest to the most involved.

 
 


 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment