Sorry to all those who keep checking back-- life is taking over and there is not much time to post. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Nana's and Papa's. A lot to be thankful for, especially this year!! Our last few weeks have been busy with doctor and more doctor appointments. Ana went for her hearing eval and did great!! She conditioned so well to the sound field testing. I couldn't see Ana's face but I could see the audiologists' faces. It was so exciting to watch the smiles on their faces. I could tell immediately that Ana was in good hands. Ana has one loaner aid until hers come in and she is doing amazing with it. I immediately noticed so much change in her. She is making more eye contact, imitating and even more active. Today she stood up when she saw me coming with the headband so I could put it on her. When I turned the aid on, she got this big grin on her face. So cool!! She doesn't even touch the headband. All of her toys have taken on a new meaning. It's like each one is brand new. I've been busy making sure they all have working batteries :-)
Ana is getting used to Ginger and has discovered that this furry animal can actually be fun! It's like a moveable toy! Although, Ginger seems to think otherwise. She just gives me this look like, really, this again? So funny to watch Ana try to get Ginger to chase her. Ana loves to watch Ginger play frisbee in the backyard and does her happy squeal every time Ginger catches the frisbee. We are working on Ana throwing the frisbee for Ginger.
Yeah... she's on the grass!!! Now just have to wait for the snow...
My outside girl!
This week we put up the Christmas tree. Ana was so intrigued by the lights and the ornaments. For every three ornaments I put on the tree, she took off one.
I love her expression in this photo!
We are so excited for Ana and her hearing! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteDave, Robin & Maddie
Hi Denise. Glad Ana is doing well. The pictures of her are too cute!!
ReplyDeleteHi Denise, I'm so glad Ana is doing so well. The pictures of her are adorable!!
ReplyDelete